Seven European countries signed a treaty to do away with the border checkpoints in 1985. Today, these are together known as Schengen countries. Schengen visa allows visitors to stay for a period of 90 days in any one of these countries. For international students this signifies a chance to find admission opportunities in various educational institutes across these European countries, without worrying about separate visas. Furthermore, people travelling to Europe for attending conferences, seminars and other types of business events, with a Schengen visa, needn’t wait to obtain permission for travelling across the European nations.
With Schengen international students may move within different places in Europe, without restrictions, and keep their documentation and paperwork to the minimum. There are various visa choices available to make your selection easy and you can find an option that suits you best. Some of the options are as follows:
- Visa for a Short Stay- This is the most commonly applied for visa related to Schengen countries. For students this signifies a single trip on the student visa. For those who wish to travel as a conference delegate or a tourist for at least 90 days in a period of six months, this is an ideal choice.
- Visa for Airport Transit- This is for transit through airports of Schengen countries. However, this does not allow you to exit the airport, before flying to your next destination.
- Visa for Multiple Entry- Those wishing to travel within the Schengen space more than one time during the 90-day stretch, visa for multiple entries are the right choice. In order to get a visa you need to provide relevant evidence of your travel needs.
- Transit visa- With this transit visa, you can travel across multiple Schengen country borders before travelling outside this member zone.
Students can consider their specific requirements and opt for any one of these visas to ensure trouble-free travel during their international trip. One of the main difficulties that international students have to face is dealing with cross-border legalities and complex documentations. With Schengen visa coming to your aid, you can make this process hassle-free and concentrate on your travelling purpose instead of the related formalities. There is a single visa requirement because of the presence of an immigration central database. Besides, there is also a common visa issuing and processing procedure to make the process simple and quick for the benefit of international travelers.
While this visa does not exempt you from immigration control completely, it does give you a breather and allows you to travel independently within Schengen space for 3 months. In order to apply for this visa you require the following documents.
- Completed & signed application form
- Original passport/travel documents
- Passport photograph
- Purpose of visit proof
- Student status evidence
- comprehensive travel insurance
These are only the main documentation is required for the procedure. One can approach the embassies to know about the complete rules and benefits from the opportunities such student visa provides.